May 28, 2020
This Sunday is our “soft reopening!" We will meet in our building with many safety precautions. We believe it is time for us to resume face-to-face worship and fellowship. Much of the benefit of being the church is found in the connections that we make with one another. We have been able to maintain those connections online and over the phone (and we will continue to do so), but we are trusting God to bring us back together through this process.
Jason Wallin, Chairman of the Elder board, has made a video highlighting the ways things will be a bit different, for a time:
For those with children, you'll also want to watch this short video:
Please be in prayer for God to end this crisis and to give us his blessing and favor as we move forward together. If you feel uncomfortable coming to the church just yet, or if you are at risk with underlying conditions, or are over 65, please do not feel compelled to come. We will continue to livestream our service as we have been doing. Know also that we cannot eliminate all risk involved in meeting together. We do believe, however that we are following God’s leading in beginning the process of reopening at this time and in this way.
Blessings, and see you (one way or another) on Sunday!
May 11, 2020
Virtual Lessons for Kids
Kids are invited to join our Children's Ministry team for a Bible story and virtual lesson each Sunday morning through the end of June. Videos are posted on Sunday mornings in the Bethany Kids Facebook Group. (Please join the group if you haven't already!) Lessons are approximately 10 minutes in length, and include some printable activity pages for kids to work on after watching.
4:12 Student Ministry
4:12 students will continue to meet into the summer months at 6:30pm on Wednesday nights via Zoom. Contact Greg for info on how to join.
May 1, 2020
Vacation Bible School has been rescheduled for the week of July 27-31. Watch the video below for more info!
April 29, 2020
While the Illinois Stay-At-Home order remains in affect, please note the following changes to our regularly scheduled events:
- Sundays: Worship Services will continue to be held online at 10:30am each Sunday (click here to watch live). Share and Prayer Groups will continue meet via Zoom immediately following the Worship Service each week. Equipping Hour Classes will remain cancelled.
- May 6th, May 13th: 4:12 Student Ministry will meet via Zoom at 6:30pm. (Contact Greg for an invitation to join.)
- May 4th, May 18th - boundless YA Bible Study will continue to meet via Skype at 6:30pm.
- May 14th - Women's Book Club is cancelled.
- May 27th - Food Pantry will again distribute pre-packaged bags of food & supplies from the gym door at 10:00am.
April 22, 2020
Looking ahead to the next couple of months, we have decided to postpone VBS and related events to a time later in the summer. VBS is currently in the process of being rescheduled (look for some updated dates to be announced soon).
In the meantime, please update your calendar to note that the following VBS-related events will not be taking place as originally scheduled:
- May 17th - VBS Training Luncheon
- May 31st-June 6th - Prayer Walk Week
- June 7th - Prayer / Flyer Distribution & Ice Cream
- June 8-12th - Vacation Bible School @ Stephen's Park
April 3, 2020
As we continue to follow the social distancing protocol at Bethany, please note the following changes to our calendar for the month of April:
- Sundays: Worship Services will be held online at 10:30am each Sunday during the month of April (click here to watch live). Equipping Hour Classes are cancelled during this time.
- Wednesdays: 4:12 Student Ministry will meet via Facebook Livestream at 6:30pm each Wednesday in April (click here to watch live). Hogfest on April 15th is cancelled.
- April 6th, April 20th - boundless YA Bible Study will meet via Skype at 6:00pm.
- April 9th - Passover Seder Dinner is cancelled.
- April 15th - Men's and Women's Bible studies are cancelled with the hope that they may be able to be rescheduled later on.
- April 22nd - Food Pantry will distribute pre-packaged bags of food & supplies from the gym door at 10:00am.
- April 26th - Fellowheirs meeting is cancelled.
March 27, 2020
As a result of the current "Stay at Home" order in Illinois, we will be cancelling, rescheduling or meeting virtually for any events and services until at least April 7th. This includes:
- April 1st - Men's and Women's Bible studies are cancelled. Current plan is to resume April 15th.
- April 1st - 4:12 Student Ministry is cancelled. Current plan is to resume on April 8th.
- April 5th - Our Worship Service will be held online (click here to watch live). Equipping Hour Classes are cancelled.
- April 6th - boundless YA Bible Study will meet via Skype.
- Baptisms will be rescheduled for a later date. Let us know if you would like to be baptized.
- The Membership Class will be rescheduled for a later date. Let us know if you are interested in membership.
March 25, 2020
Use these "Neighbor Cards" to reach out to your neighbors and offer any assistance that may be needed during this difficult time. Cards are 4 to a page and may be printed at home, filled out, and left on your neighbors' doors. If you are not able to print at home, please contact the office - we can print some for you and arrange for them to be delivered or for you to pick them up at your convenience.
If any needs are communicated to you that you are not able to help with yourself, please let us know so someone from the Bethany family can help.
March 21, 2020
We may not be able to gather in person right now, but Bethany is still active in serving our community! Is there something you need? Or do you know of a way we could bless a neighbor with our service? Fill out the form below to help us to know how we can better reach our community during this time of crisis.
March 20, 2020
Looking for some help talking to your kids about COVID-19 and anything that may be worrying them?
Have a look at these free lesson plans from Ministry Spark titled "God Takes Our Worries." Lesson plans are tailored specifically our current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and include an object lesson, teaching about what we should do with worry, and a time for kids to respond by releasing their worries.
Don’t worry about anything. No matter what happens, tell God about everything. Ask and pray, and give thanks to him. Then God’s peace will watch over your hearts and your minds. He will do this because you belong to Christ Jesus. God’s peace can never be completely understood. (Philippians 4:6-7 NIrV)
March 18, 2020
March 18, 2020
Dear Bethany Family,
Praise God! He is on the throne! His ways are past finding out and His love for us is unending! We serve a wise and compassionate God!
Out of obedience to Christ, love for our community, and a desire to strengthen our testimony during this time of uncertainty, we are going to move to online worship services for the next two weeks. We will be continually evaluating the situation to determine what to do after those two weeks. We believe that we can still fulfill our mission in this way and at the same time be a good witness to our community. All other services throughout the week will be cancelled, including 4:12, during this time and, likewise, be evaluated after these two weeks. If you are in a small group, please check with your leader about meeting.
We will still be active during this time, however. We will do our best to reach out to the needs of our community, including our own at-risk people in whatever ways that we can. You can be a help in this in three ways:…
- Send us your ideas for how to better reach our community during this time of crisis. Email us at BethanyResponse@bethanymoline.com.
- Let us know if you are interested in helping. For examples, delivering supplies and groceries to Seniors and those at risk, and any other ideas that we put together.
- Pray. Pray for our outreach, for our online communications, and that the gospel will go forth with clarity and power.
Also, check back here, follow us on Facebook, and sign up to receive emails for regular updates. We may not be able to connect physically, but we want to stay connected as a body using whatever means are available.
God has given us an opportunity to be the Church in a unique way in the days ahead. Let’s take full advantage of the situation and give Him glory! Our hope is in Him! There is no need for fear or anxiety, for God is with us and in us!
Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world. (1 Peter 2:11-12)