March 27, 2020
As a result of the current "Stay at Home" order in Illinois, we will be cancelling, rescheduling or meeting virtually for any events and services until at least April 7th. This includes:
- April 1st - Men's and Women's Bible studies are cancelled. Current plan is to resume April 15th.
- April 1st - 4:12 Student Ministry is cancelled. Current plan is to resume on April 8th.
- April 5th - Our Worship Service will be held online (click here to watch live). Equipping Hour Classes are cancelled.
- April 6th - boundless YA Bible Study will meet via Skype.
- Baptisms will be rescheduled for a later date. Let us know if you would like to be baptized.
- The Membership Class will be rescheduled for a later date. Let us know if you are interested in membership.
March 25, 2020
Use these "Neighbor Cards" to reach out to your neighbors and offer any assistance that may be needed during this difficult time. Cards are 4 to a page and may be printed at home, filled out, and left on your neighbors' doors. If you are not able to print at home, please contact the office - we can print some for you and arrange for them to be delivered or for you to pick them up at your convenience.
If any needs are communicated to you that you are not able to help with yourself, please let us know so someone from the Bethany family can help.
March 21, 2020
We may not be able to gather in person right now, but Bethany is still active in serving our community! Is there something you need? Or do you know of a way we could bless a neighbor with our service? Fill out the form below to help us to know how we can better reach our community during this time of crisis.
March 20, 2020
Looking for some help talking to your kids about COVID-19 and anything that may be worrying them?
Have a look at these free lesson plans from Ministry Spark titled "God Takes Our Worries." Lesson plans are tailored specifically our current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and include an object lesson, teaching about what we should do with worry, and a time for kids to respond by releasing their worries.
Don’t worry about anything. No matter what happens, tell God about everything. Ask and pray, and give thanks to him. Then God’s peace will watch over your hearts and your minds. He will do this because you belong to Christ Jesus. God’s peace can never be completely understood. (Philippians 4:6-7 NIrV)
March 18, 2020
March 18, 2020
Dear Bethany Family,
Praise God! He is on the throne! His ways are past finding out and His love for us is unending! We serve a wise and compassionate God!
Out of obedience to Christ, love for our community, and a desire to strengthen our testimony during this time of uncertainty, we are going to move to online worship services for the next two weeks. We will be continually evaluating the situation to determine what to do after those two weeks. We believe that we can still fulfill our mission in this way and at the same time be a good witness to our community. All other services throughout the week will be cancelled, including 4:12, during this time and, likewise, be evaluated after these two weeks. If you are in a small group, please check with your leader about meeting.
We will still be active during this time, however. We will do our best to reach out to the needs of our community, including our own at-risk people in whatever ways that we can. You can be a help in this in three ways:…
- Send us your ideas for how to better reach our community during this time of crisis. Email us at BethanyResponse@bethanymoline.com.
- Let us know if you are interested in helping. For examples, delivering supplies and groceries to Seniors and those at risk, and any other ideas that we put together.
- Pray. Pray for our outreach, for our online communications, and that the gospel will go forth with clarity and power.
Also, check back here, follow us on Facebook, and sign up to receive emails for regular updates. We may not be able to connect physically, but we want to stay connected as a body using whatever means are available.
God has given us an opportunity to be the Church in a unique way in the days ahead. Let’s take full advantage of the situation and give Him glory! Our hope is in Him! There is no need for fear or anxiety, for God is with us and in us!
Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world. (1 Peter 2:11-12)